In a penny pinching effort, I haven't set foot in my favorite record store in a couple of months. As punishment for this, the New Record gods have bombarded the store with records I ought to buy.
I didn't jot down the list of new records that made me go "Oh, hell yeah!", but it was long. Here's a partial list:
- The Dandy Warhols Odditorium
- Sigur Rós Takk...
- Portastatic Bright Ideas
- Björk Drawing Restraint 9
- Michael Penn Mr Hollywood, Jr 1847
- Rosebuds Birds Make Good Neighbors
- New Pornographers Twin Cinema
- Death Cab for Cutie Plans
You see my predicament? That's just the short list!
I only walked away with the new Dandys and the new Sigur Rós. I'm not a gozillionaire. So far, I'm only a few songs deep into the Dandys record, and I like it. Tonight I shall listen to Takk several times.
Dandy Warhols Odditorium or Warlords of Mars