Thursday, May 26, 2005

look around, around...the second drummer drowned

The other day, I watched Moonlight Mile. That day that I was so freakin tired. After my little nap.
Anyway, I really liked this movie. I don't remember hearing a thing about it when it came out in 2002, but I kept threatening to rent it from the Netflix. I did, and it finally hit the top of my queue. Jake Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Susan Sarandon deliver fine performances, but I think the best comes from Ellen Pompeo, who is a relative newcomer.
Without giving away too much, I'll just say that it's really about dealing with loss, and finding one's self in the process. I know that sounds kinda cheesy, but it's a damn fine movie. If you haven't seen it, you should. One sort of strange thing is that although Gyllenhaal's character is the focal point of the story (it's loosely based on an event in the writer/director's life), he has very little dialog compared to the other characters.

Last night I went out to a neighborhood bar with Dr. Awesome. I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks, and he freakin' lives right across the street from me. That's kinda sad. I'm not seeing much of anyone these days. Not even Amanda. I think I've seen her maybe twice in the last three months. I did stop by her house the other day, but it was the day that I was all cranky and tired. She was in the midst of packing her crud so she can move again. I was Mr. Anti-social, so not a whole lot was said that day. But I did get some bread from her. When I went with her to Buffalo and Niagara, she took me to this bakery she loves, and she stocked up on loaves of bread. Now, y'all just don't understand. This isn't just bread. It's really really good. Apparently, the thing to do whenever she goes up there is to buy like forty million loaves and freeze them for later use. So she bought a ton when she just went back up there. I now have two one and a half loaves of Di Camillo bread. You don't even have to make a sandwich, or put anything on it. It's really tasty straight out of the sack. If you find yourself in the town of Niagara Falls NY, you should stop by there and get some tasty fresh baked bread.

I guess working nights sort of takes away from the ability to hang out with people. Not that I dislike my workplace. I'm just pointing out one of the downfalls. Eventually, I'll get myself in a different situation, but I'm gonna hang for a while.

I apologize for the scatterbrain-edness of this post.
Now playing:
The Shins -- Chutes Too Narrow
The Shins Chutes Too Narrow

No comments: