Sunday, February 06, 2005

a blast from the not too distant past (plus another silly super bowl statistic)

Yeah, so after reading Doug and Hans rant and rave about The Dandy Warhols, and more specifically, their new record, I decided to dust off my copy of The Dandy Warhols Come Down . Honestly, it's probably been at least four years since I've listened to this. I forgot how good it is. Sure, there are some tracks that I don't care for, but the songs "Boys Better" and "Not If You Were the Last Junkie on Earth" make it so much worth while. Actually, in a really weird sort of way, they make me think about the Stone Roses.

I was checking it out, and in Super Bowl history, there have been 26 matchups of human v animal. That is, one team's logo/mascot/nickname is an animal while the other's is a human. More bad news for Eagles fans, because the humans are 19-7 in these matchups. Please, though, take this for what it is. It's just a silly statistic. I'm sure you could come up with some statistic about the age of the starting left tackles, or the number of siblings had by the starting punters that would favor the Eagles.

That's the last thing I'll say about the Super Bowl.

Now playing:The Dandy Warhols Come Down
The Dandy Warhols ...The Dandy Warhols Come Down

No comments: