Friday, April 01, 2005

2312 is the lonliest number since the number one

The numbers are in. The waiting is over. I have my first official NSA rating and ranking.

After a decent outing in my first tournament, my rating is 797. That's about where I was expecting to be. I suppose I couldn't have asked for much more. Next time, I'd like to end up in the mid 800's. There's not really an upper limit, but the #1 player is rated 2065. So I'm well below him.
My ranking is 2312. Wow! There's "only" 2311 players in the NSA who are better than I am. However, it doesn't really work that way. There's one player, for example, who is a ranked higher and is a few ratings points above me, but I beat the crap out of him twice in our tourney. Despite that, I lost to some players that he beat, including two of the top finishers in that tourney. Anyway, I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing. I know I'll never be national champ. I know I'll never even be in the top division, but I like it a lot anyway.

To sort of make an analogy, I'm sort of like a good Single A baseball player. I'll make it to the next level at some point in my career, but I'll probably never make it to the Major Leagues, or even to AAA. But I'm still better than most amateurs.

I gotta go to work now, but I'll post something interesting later.

2 comments:

Reid said...

Man, your ranking is so much higher than mine.

Scarlett said...

Congrats on your ranking!!! That's very cool.