Monday, October 31, 2005

....

Congratulations are in order for our great friend Kevin, who played in his first competitive Scrabble tournament over the weekend. He won his division, going 14-1 and had a cumulative point spread of something like +1600.
Misfortunately, I couldn't play, as a hockey game interfered with it. You know how I won't let anything stand in my way when it comes to my hockey games. Only once since I've been a season ticket holder have I missed a game.

The one game I missed was to attend the funeral of a dear friend who passed away two years ago today. Obviously, that's way more important than any hockey game, so it was a no-brainer decision. I've been struggling with whether I should write something about this, but it's heavy on my mind right now, and well, the point of this thing is to get stuff off my mind. Forgive my sloppy attempt at a tribute.

I can't possibly say anything in the memory of Erin that could do her justice. I only had the privilege of knowing her for a few short years, and I was only beginning to know her well. She was a beautiful woman who made a lasting impact on every person she touched.

Please take the time to visit the above link and read the eulogy that Kevin beautifully delivered at her funeral.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Thanks, David, so much. I've got to say that I've felt especially happily connected with her lately. There is something more than the fragile bodies we have, that's certain to me.