Thursday, October 27, 2005

there's a chance that things could get weird, yeah that's a possibility

I don't know what to think of this.

On Monday, this blog had 840 pageloads. Of those, roughly 813 of them came from one single visitor. In New York City. Whose ISP is Yipes Communications, Inc. Who uses Internet Explorer version 5.5 as their browser, Windows 2000 as their OS and had Javascript disabled. I know the IP address, but I'm withholding it. This person refreshed the main page once every 21 seconds for a very long time.
I figure this is either (a) a robot who was foiled by the robot insurance (aka comment protection) (2) an extremely obsessed fan waiting for a new post, or (III) a deranged lunatic. I don't have any ideas.
On Wednesday, that same IP address clocked in two times.

What on earth do you want from me?

2 comments:

Brushback said...

Wicked.

Well, just think how good your average-per-day is going to look now, because of this.

greatwhitebear said...

I'm hoping for obsessed fan. To quote Louie in CASABLANCA, "it's the romantic in me" So much more interesting than a robot!