Tuesday, March 01, 2005

...and the check when it arrived, we went dutch, dutch, dutch

Over the past few days, I've experienced some strange moments of synchronicity.

Three different times on Sunday, I was trying to make a phone call, and someone called me as I was mushing the numbers. The final time was when one of my friends and I were simultaneously calling each other about being a few minutes late to bowling.
Here's the weird one, though. I might live to be a billion years old, and the stars would never align again to make this one happen. Yesterday, I was leaving work. The song on the jukebox as I was leaving was "The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes" by Elvis Costello. The only reason I made a mental note is that I love that song, and I had forgotten that we have that in there. On my way to my car, I walked across the street to my favorite bar. I swear I'm not making this up, but on their satellite radio -- "The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes". They weren't playing in perfect synchronicity, but there definitely would have been an overlapping period of about 30 seconds with the song playing in both bars. That's close enough if you ask me. Frankly it would have been strange enough just to have Costello coming out of both bars at the same time. But the same song?!

I don't have anything cool, funny, or controversial to post about, so I'll just leave you with this: I don't think that Citizen Kane is all that great. I don't think it's even close to being Orson Welles' best film, let alone the best film of all time.

Now Playing: The Field Mice -- Where'd You Learn to Kiss That Way?
The Field Mice Where'd You Learn to Kiss That Way?

2 comments:

greatwhitebear said...

for someone with nothing controversial to post about, you could sure open up a can of worms with that Citizen Kane remark!

SK-S said...

Hi, David,

I like your blog.

Susan