Friday, March 04, 2005

...in the yard of blond girls.

For the first time in quite a while, the song lyric referred to in the post title actually has something to do with the post.

I stopped by our friendly across the street bar for a quick beer on my way to the parking lot. Ever since they went through the round of firings a few weeks ago, they have hired a bunch of new people. And by "new people", I mean "blonde girls". Three of them, to be exact. There's never been a blonde there before, and now all of a sudden, there's three. Crazy. As you probably already know, I'm not all that crazy about blondes and I really have a dislike for tall women, but two of the three are quite tall. Somehow, though, I find them attractive.

After reading and contemplating reid's post about crushes, I realized I did something yesterday which had no explanation other than that I have a crush on someone. I went a little out of my way to drive across town to a different branch of my bank (there's a really convenient one right in downtown), and I went in the building rather than using the drive-thru. I didn't even do it consciously. However, as soon as I got back in the car, I thought to myself how silly that was. My transaction didn't require that particular branch, nor did it require personal interaction. I guess in the back of my mind, I knew that my hot girl was working that day. I don't even remember her name, but every time I go in there, I just about melt.

So I guess this is the kind of "from afar" crush. The kind where it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever have any relations with this girl, other than "yeah, I'll take a 20 and three tens."

I'm off to help my friend Amanda celebrate her 25th birthday. You don't know her, but she's really awesome. I'm certain that you'd get along famously.

Now playing: Death Cab -- The Photo Album
Death Cab For Cutie The Photo Album

3 comments:

playfulinnc said...

DL-who is your avid reader (and now mine) who lives in WInston. As I ask this question, I actually thought of that really funny moment after our "relationship transition" when we realized that we were dating ppl who were actually dating eachother and treating us both like poo. Remember that?

And blondes? They are just brunettes with a little extra cash on hand. Maybe they'll buy you a beer :)

Anonymous said...

At least it's not your crush telling *you* that you'll take a twenty and three tens. That's a fourth classification of crush that I don't believe Mr. Dossinger addressed in his blog...nor should he!

d-lee said...

yo, shano....
I wasn't aware that I had an avid reader in Winston. That might be my isp address coming up as winston salem, for some reason. I've learned not to necessarily depend on the pinpoint accuracy of the information provided by the hit counter service. if the isp begins with 24.148 ... that's me.
It's not exactly fair or accurate to say that scott and nicol were dating each other, but that whole series of conicidences was quelle bizarre. There definitely was something going on there, but I don't know quite what. I'm really glad for both of us that your scott and my nicol didn't last.