Thursday, January 13, 2005

a mellow night on the town

I've been acting up recently. Two weeknights in a row I went out and had lots of drinks. Tuesday night I was up wicked late. 4 am. My insomnia spell notwithstanding, I haven't been up that late in a long time. Certainly not up that late drinking. Just to be near a pretty girl.
So last night was liver appreciation night. No booze, no going out. I just stayed home, played a little scrabble and watched the Heels trounce the Jackets.
Tonight should be good fun. Yes, I'm going to have a drink or two, but that isn't the point. I'm going to the Carolina Theatre to see The Godfather .
On the second Tuesday of every month, they show a classic film. This month it got messed up, so they moved it to Thursday. I'm excited about this. I've only seen The Godfather once, and that was a crappy VHS copy playing through a crappy vcr on a crappy tv. Although the seats leave something to be desired, the theater is beautiful, and nothing beats seeing a great movie on a huge movie palace screen.
Next month, in celebration of Black History Month, they'll be screening Shaft. No, this isn't a joke. They really are going to show Shaft as part of a "classic" film series.

Now Playing:Belle et Sebastian -- IYFS
Belle and Sebastian If You're Feeling Sinister

2 comments:

doug said...

leave the gun...

take the cannoli.

Reid said...

"Sorry, Sally. Can't do it."

That movie gets better every time I see it. I'm really jealous you get to see it on the big screen.