Thursday, June 16, 2005

i'm not a telephone junkie

Dang.
I don't have the best eating habits in the world. First off, I don't eat meals as frequently as I should. When I do, they're not the most nutritionally viable meals. Part of this is that I'm accustomed to working in restaurants. Mid- to high-volume restaurants. I'm accustomed to eating on the fly, usually standing up. This means I usually eat a burger or a sandwich of some sort. Something I can eat quickly and doesn't require a lot of effort to make or eat. When I'm at home, I seldomly make a meal for myself. Instead, I'll just snack on stuff. I'm trying to get better about what those snacks consist of. Pretzels and crackers and stuff like that are usually king, but I'm trying to get better.
Apples.
I like apples.
I'm not like one of these apple freaks who eats two or three a day, but I do like them. Unlike many apple enthusiasts or purists, I have to slice the fruit up before eating. I have a rally hard time trying to eat apples out of hand. When it comes to the different varieties, I'm hardly an expert in the matter, as there are quite a few that I've never had or even heard of. In fact, of the 18 US varieties, I'm only familiar with 7. I typically go with Gala or Fuji because of their sweetness, and year round availability. Unlike Golden Delicious and Red Delicious, I like their appearance too. Actually, I never eat the Delicious varieties. Anyway, I familiarized myself with another variety today. Pink Lady. Pink Lady has the sweetness of a Gala, but it's a little more. A little tartness, which makes the sweet really pronounced. I don't think this one is available year-round, but it'll be my new favorite until it goes away. If you haven't had one before, I highly recommend getting one. Now.

now playing:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor -- Yanqui U.X.O.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor Yanqui U.X.O.

No comments: