Saturday, June 04, 2005

when i called last night i wasn't high. i had not been drinking

More fun with StatCounter---

A while back, I had a post with the title "Kissing just for practice", from the Belle and Sebastian song Seeing other People. Like most posts, the content had nothing to do with the title. As I've said before, most of the post titles are completely gratuitous. It's just that I can't come up with titles on my own.

The point is, somebody in England found my blog by doing a search for "how to practice kissing". I'm picturing some young 12-year-old lad who has just secured his first date, or is about to go to a dance with some cuties from his school. He's all excited and nervous, and then it hits him --- he doesn't know how to kiss. He says "HOLY CRAP!!!! I need to start practicing, but I don't know how." I hope for his sake that things worked out with or without practicing.

I also recently got a few hits from folks in Canada who did a search for "Jenn Hanna wedding". Jenn Hanna is the skip of the Ottowa Curling Club. I made brief mention of her in my one post about women's curling, and specifically that improbable shot made by Manitoba's Jennifer Jones to defeat Hanna in the Tournament of Hearts.

I get lots of other hits from searches like "black or red leather sofa", but that doesn't make for a funny post. Actually, neither does this, but at least I'm trying.

Now playing:
Chris Bell -- I Am the Cosmos
Chris Bell I Am the Cosmos

2 comments:

greatwhitebear said...

damn. Jenn Hanna got MARRIED? I'm so depressed. she was such a babe!

d-lee said...

I don't know if she got married or not. That was just the google search that someone used. since i've mentioned the words "wedding" and "jenn hanna", my blog came up.