I feel like I should give fair warning.
Now that the NHL and the NHLPA have come to an "agreement in principle", all that's left is for the teams and players to ratify the new CBA. Then we have the lottery, the draft, and a bunch of other exciting shit. Then, sometime around the 9th of October, well actually drop the puck.
The "other exciting shit" will include, but will not be limited to, making some changes to the game.
- Wider nets? Maybe, but I hope not.
- No-touch icing? Sure, I'll go for it.
- Decreasing the size of goalie equipment? Who cares?
- Eliminating the two-line pass? Yes, please.
There's about a half dozen different proposals for changing the way "off side" will be ruled. Frankly, I think you're just going to confuse fringe fans even more with the "floating blue line" or the even more confusing "Bowman line".
- Penalizing a team that deliberately ices the puck by denying them a line change? Yes! Please!
- Crackdown on obstruction? Whatever. We hear that every year.
- Shootout system for games still tied after one overtime period? Mmmmmm, okayyy.
Anyway, about the warning.
I'll be talking about hockey a lot. It'll get worse once we approach the beginning of the regular season. To be fair, though, if it gets out of hand, I'll create a separate "hockey only" blog.
Autour de LucieImmobile